Me and Jess before the race. so cute I know
well today was the Rex Lee 5k run. Jess was over the other day and said she was doing it so I decided to join her. I have done pretty well at running and this "shouldn't" be harder than what I normally do. well. I was wrong. I do usually run 3-5 miles a few times a week on my treadmill, in the warm. and not uphill, or downhill.
the results were fine, considering my condition I finished in about 38 min. it felt like a really unorganized race, especially the end they had no water and allowed you to have 1 granola bar.. just weird compared to the other ones I have done. anyway. uphill was fine (surprisingly) but downhill is hard with a 28 week pregnant belly bouncing! kinda bumbed the easy part of the run was the hardest for me. my calves were on fire, while also freezing from the cold dreary almost rainy weather. after downhill, i had pretty bad cramps and had to walk a bit, but I ended running so thats a plus. Shaun and the kids came, but they had no fun. it was so cold shaun took them to the car where they cried, (he complained and i told him welcome to my life!) I told him to come back around 30-45 min. he came at 39 and missed my grand finale. kinda made them coming pointless but what do you expect in cold?I'm glad I did it, but next pregnancy i might rethink it depending on the course and weather.
11 years ago

6 things people say:
Wow, I can't believe you did this in your third trimester!
And "next pregnancy"?! You are my hero.
next pregnancy!!!??? Wow! Go Callie. Takes me at least 2 years after giving birth to even think about the possibility of having another. Good job on the race at 28 weeks! I did a tri at 15 weeks and that about killed me!
next pregnancy!!!??? Wow! Go Callie. Takes me at least 2 years after giving birth to even think about the possibility of having another. Good job on the race at 28 weeks! I did a tri at 15 weeks and that about killed me!
That's awesome that you did it! I can't stand running in cold weather. Congrats on Baby #4:)
Good Job! That is awesome, I would never be able to do that!
Totally bad A. I would expect nothing less from you, my love.
Post a Comment