we went to california last week. Kailey didnt have school on thurs or friday so i took the kids and Shaun stayed in cold utah. The weather was PERFECT! we got in at 4:00 pm and it was 80 degrees! so off to the pool we went. HEAVEN. why can't I live there? we went swimming everyday at the pool, except the one day we went to the beach. It was 76 with a slight breeze and perfect. the water was cold but that didn't stop Jordan from tumbling herself in it. My parent came for a bit, and my sister who was in pants and a sweatshirt. what are they thinking? we were all in swim gear and the loved the sand! no offense to Utah, but California is so much better. beach, pools on every corner, the Corner bakery with the best monster cookies you will ever taste. We didn't make it to Disneyland, maybe next time. Kailey goes "mom, I can't believe we came all the way here and we aren't going to Disneyland" maybe next time? My parents have Star Jasmine planted all around our house and the smell is wonderful. I wish they grew in freezing temperatures. that is my favorite flower of all time. Clyde came and hung out with us for a day, we went swimming and BBqed outside. i'm sure i'm partial because i grew up there, and my family is there, and I don't go home enough, but I love it. especially when i hear it snowed while I was away and I was in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops.
11 years ago

2 things people say:
well if you didn't make me jealous enough with your texts while you were there, this definitely did it. thanks a lot...NOT! whatever, who doesn't love boston!! boston is awesome!!
Nothing beats Cali! I tell everyone that I grew up in paradise....and I'm DEAD SERIOUS!!! I love it there, too. Sad we missed each other!
Post a Comment