Friday, August 29, 2008

Ode to the olympics

How Michael Phelps got his start.....


I saw this on someones blog and thought it was pretty funny! The Olympics were pretty great! I think Shaun and I had a few favorite events, Speed walking for starters! those people are amazing, their hips sure can move! he was fond of ping pong and badminton, and we loved swimming and the sprints. Shaun has taken on the challenge of thinking he can run a 1/4 of a mile in a minute... i have wagered money on this! Olympians do it in like 42 seconds... if he gets close, you may just see him in London in 4 years?!!! They really know how to get you exercising.. oh wait, i haven't done anything since they ended..... Sad to see them over because i still have some baby weight to lose!

2 things people say:

Unknown said...

1/4 mile in one minute??? That's pretty quick, to say the least. Does shaun get to train for it or just go out and do it one day? Is he allowed to run down hill?

Liz said...

I think Shaun and John should get together. John thinks he can run the 100 yard dash in 12 seconds. The women do it in something like 8 or 9 seconds, and John thinks he'd only be 3 seconds behind them. We'll be at track real soon to see just how fast (or slow) he is.