Thursday, October 22, 2009

dessert-a-holic

I have an addiction: I'm a dessert-a-holic, I'm sure its no secret to anyone who knows me but i can't fight the urge to bake and when i bake i usually eat. i ate 12 snicker doodles the other night. i wanted to vomit, but didn't because i was sure they wouldn't taste as good as on the way down. then the next day I made monster cookies (my favorite) I only had 2 and froze the rest (so last min i can have my favorite cookie of course, all cookie-holics do this right?) but made up for it by making chocolate chip pumpkin bars, with cream cheese frosting (i only had 1, saved a few and gave the rest away) but the next day i ate 2 more cookies (it could have been more, whose counting?) of the leftover monster cookies (they are better the next day) and stared the bars down all day. i was fine, i didn't need dessert. then my diabetic husband decided at 8:30 he needed a dessert and my choices of what to make were: chocolate souffle, peanut butter cookies or cheesecake. "surprise me" he said so i pulled up a PB cookie recipe and found yet another weakness, the best cookies ever!

It seems like I have become partial to chocolate chip cookies, i have a few really good recipes and they are always satisfying, sugar cookies, snicker doodles and Peanut butter cookies always seem to disappoint, they are never as good as I want them to be, and sugar cookies take to long for how long they last! but then I found Martha Stewart's recipe for snicker doodles.. YUM! so i tried her peanut butter ones! best ever!! she says to cook for 18-20 min and rotate halfway through, but reviews said 9-15 min and that worked good for me. i dipped half of them in milk chocolate, gotta add the chocolate right? they melt in your mouth, no joke. try them. and make em big~

Peanut Butter Cookies
8 T butter
3/4 C peanut Butter
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C dark brown sugar ( i used regular and it worked just fine)
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla
1 C flour
3/4 t baking soda

350 for 14 min (i checked them at 10)
take out when golden brown and cool on wire rack almost immediately to keep the soft yet crunchy taste.

4 things people say:

Darcey said...

I've never found an awesome PB cookie recipe so I'll have to try this!

And I'm also a dessert-a-holic. And I plan on continuing to indulge!

Nate said...

Oh my goodness I am so hungry right now. That was cruel.
To die for PB cookies dipped in milk chocolate??? Are you kidding me??

Eve said...

I am a little mad at you for this post. I am a baked goods addict, too. The only way I can lose my baby weight is by swearing it all off, so that's what I'm doing right now. I have big plans for my birthday, though.

The Stewart Stuff said...

How dare you trying to drag us down with you to your cookie addict hell. I don't know if I will ever forgive you for this one!


:0)