yes a word post, but it had to happen. venting is a natural and healthy thing right? I have discovered several truths lately. 1. people suck. yes i know pessimistic but its true admit it! we have been waiting for our yard to be fixed for over 4 months now! yes it is "in progress" yes they are fixing it for free but COME ON! how often can I believe the line "I'll call you back and let you know" when really they should say "I'll call you back.. NEVER!" or they say "they should start working on Monday" real translation "I'm to lazy to submit anything but that'd be awesome if things got done without me taking initiative" or my favorite "we should hear something by Friday" meaning "I'm going out town Thursday for 2 weeks sucka" yeah NOT COOL! my backyard is filled with dirt and my kids lovingly cover themselves is dirt, and mud every single day. i retorted to lying like my Nemesis Richmond Homes by telling Kailey that the mud is really cow poo (because it smells like cow poo so really only a partial lie) and threatening them that is they play in the dirt "something" will happen. as of late that something has not been a bath but more a wash with wet wipes or an occasional wash cloth to look presentable. leading to my second annoyance
Sundays. lately the only good thing about Sundays is that fact that my kids get a bath either sat night or Sunday (i mean yes, i have been lacking in the hygiene department lately but i am not THAT bad) I feel like going to church has become pointless. do I really need to get 4 kids ready only to have them whine and complain? Jordan basically cries at the closing song because she would rather go home and nap than go to nursery and play. "i don't want to play" is what she cries all during the closing prayer. It would be just as easy for me to set the coloring books out on my dining room table than on a pew with cheerios getting smashed into the floor and heart fruit snacks stuck to the walls. if it was appropriate to bring cameras to church this would have been a funny picture. and yes I am counting Shaun as a kid because he holds all the characteristics of kids on Sundays... unable to wake and get himself showered and ready, unable to pick out clothes without help from either Kailey or myself, and the lack of desire or ability to sit in church for 3 hours without the help of some sort of entertainment be it, iPhone, napping, snacking on anything in mom's purse, or simply boredom. why do I do it?
To add to people sucking, i also hate returns, most people that work at retail stores, and good old fashioned phone customer service representatives in all their varying jobs (qwest, comcast, and Chase are among my least favorite at the moment, but Sprint employees and doctor receptionists are close competition)
let see any other things bothering me lately? oh i'm sure there's more but i guess I can "be grateful" for babysitting and being poor, who doesnt love a little bit of good old poverty and the joys and sacrafices that come with it!
Is it just a bad few months for me or is anyone out there feeling what i'm laying down?
11 years ago

8 things people say:
SOLUTION: twice/month go to church by yourself and leave the 4 kids home.
I resent being included with the kids. They actually need your help getting ready... me, I'm just postponing going to church and doing everything I can to avoid putting up with the little kids in Sacrament meeting.
P.S. you should really bring some better snacks to church.
Sunday naps are awesome.
Church will get better with time. But then you have no excuse for skipping class and actually have to go to Sunday school so maybe it's not better afterall. Hang in there!
Did Shaun really write the anonymous comment?
John and I have this discussion practically every Sunday. I have to believe it gets easier. It just has to.
But maybe the anonymous commenter was right, maybe you should bring better snacks. :)
I would totally start laughing if I heard Kailey crying during the closing prayer that she doesn't want to play. That's hilarious.
I find nothing more annoying then people that say they are going to do something and then don't. Free or not, just tell me the truth.
Good luck getting the lawn done and getting anything out of Church.
Whoops, make that Jordan crying. Pretty much any child pleading that they don't want to play during a closing prayer would make Sunday all the more hilarious to me.
yes that anonymous comment was made by shaun
So did you bring better snacks today?
Callie you are so funny! I hear ya with the 4 kids and church. Ben has been better about getting himself dressed, but still can't pick out his own tie. What's up with your yard? We need to hang out. It has been waaay too long. I could use some grown up conversation. Call me.
Post a Comment