I made these from my food and wine magazine last night. super good!
Ganache-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 C walnuts (toasted for about 8 min and chopped) i only put in half of the dough
1 C 2Tbls Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 C brown sugar (packed)
1/4 C Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 egg
1 C bittersweet choc chip ( I used semi sweet)
Make balls about 1 Tbls big and refrigerate until cold (about 30 min)
bake 375 for 12 min or golden brown (let cool on pan for 2 and then transfer) I only did 10-11 min Cool completely
( i added about an extra T butter because the dough was really dry,)
Gnache
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
5 Tbls heavy Cream
2 1/2 Tbls Light Corn Syrup
2 Tbls Creme Fraiche ( i used heavy whipping cream with 1/2 tsp vinegar)
boil cream and corn syrup add to choc and whisk, then add Cream fraiche
and refrigerate about 1 hr, stir occasionally (becomes thick but spreadable)
make like a sandwich with gnache in the middle
I would make the gnache first, then then cookies because you could them sooner. They are pretty good. They kinda tasted like chocolate chip shortbread cookies with delisiouness in the middle. They are just as good if not better the next day! yum yum! they looked fancy too.
11 years ago

4 things people say:
Can I come over and have one?!
Those look really good... I am not sure if I trust myself enough to make them and not eat the whole batch.
mmmmmmmm.
yum yum!! And I hear you on your word post! sometimes things seem just not worth it....but in the end they always end up being worth it! We just need to eat more cookies :)!
Post a Comment