Friday, September 26, 2008

Ode to Grandma Ernie

1. Carter and Luke on Ryan's lap 2. Luke:"what? he likes it, plus i want some hair!" Carter: "don't be jealous of my hair Luke, most people just make fun of it anyway!"



1. Lisa, Linda, Leslie 2. Mom and Linda (mom's sister)
After we got back Sunday night I tried to book a flight to Kentucky to where Grandma was born and would be buried next to my grandpa, it turns out tickets cost an arm, leg and then a redemption fee so i opted to fly back with just Carter to Laguna on Tuesday night so that i could go to the service in Long Beach (where she lived all of my life) We got in about 4 pm and left wed morning about 8:30am, a VERY quick trip and Carter was amazing on the plane! I was so glad i went. There were so many people there to honor and show their respect for her.
I am so blessed to have had such an amazing example in my life, I am sure everyone thinks their grandma is the best but they are all wrong! I do! She was so kind, funny, generous, caring, selfless, a hard worker and more. Words can't express how grateful i am for her. i
I did a biography on her and she told me some stories about her life but as she was telling me about her life she completely skipped over her second husband (she was married 3x) when I asked her about it she said, "oh yeah, i always forget about him"
Whenever we visit or she would visit she would slip us a $5, as we got older sometimes it would be a $20 who can't use $5 bucks every now and then?
The last few months to year she has been on a lot of medication but she never forgot her swear words!
she would make us biscuits and gravy every time we stayed at her house. I am not a fan of the gravy part, but I would smell the bacon cooking and wake up to help her make the homemade biscuit and i got to eat the dough! it was may favorite! i still love bread dough to this day!
She would make fudge and mail me fudge all the time! i thought she had some special recipe because it was so good and she always had it. She is definitely the one who got me addicted to chocolate! I asked her for the recipe and she was like "i don't know it, its on the back of some marshmallow creme bottle"
She used to work at a jewelry store and she pierced my ears! my first and second hole! my mom didn't know i was going to get a second hole it was pretty funny, grandma was pretty hip!

2 things people say:

Ryan and Annalyn said...

So I might have to swipe the carter/luke pictures off your blog... kind of like I swiped one of Jessie and Jacob. I was going to call but it was late and I figured you wouldn't mind.

I don't want to re-post all the pictures you have but I couldn't find the ones i needed! You post things so fast i don't have a chance to beat you to the punch!

Good blogs about grandma ernie. Love the poem

Ryan and Annalyn said...

obviously you can tell that was annalyn. All my comments will now end with "later, Buttface" so you can tell us apart.

Later Buttface-