Monday, September 22, 2008

A typical day...



I think I am a hermit, and i think i kinda like it? Since I babysit so much i rarely leave the house before 4, if at all, and when i do its because i know i need to get out... either because i haven't left the house or because i need something. and I am so sick of cleaning! Does anyone else feel this way? Its like every single day i do the same things over and over, i don't know why i even bother? This is my typical day.. more or less kids depending on the day
7:15- 7:45- feed Carter
7:45-8:15- try to go back to sleep, fail and make my bed
8:15- get up shower (OK, i don't always shower...)
8:30- 1babysitting kid arrives/feed and take Anna out (our dog)
9:00- 2 babysitting kid arrives and breakfast time!
9:30- clean the kitchen, put on a kids show and finish getting ready
10:15- 3rd babysitting comes/feed carter
11- kid 4&5 come over (2 days a week) get on the computer because i don't want to clean my house!
12- lunch time! and clean the kitchen AGAIN! pick up all the toys and put carter down
12:30- Jordan and kid 1 down for naps, kid 2 goes home
1- back on the computer to avoid cleaning the upstairs or play with Kailey (she is a big fan of playing games on the computer)
2- OK fine i clean the upstairs! this normally consist of cleaning all toilets and bathrooms, or picking a room and just doing it.
3- kid 4&5 go home, clean kitchen downstairs AGAIN! kids awake from nap and eat snacks
3:30 kid 1 goes home- look in Kailey's room and make her clean it up (poor kid gets the shaft everyday cleaning up after her friends, it would suck to be the oldest!)
4- kid 3 goes home- i think about what to make for dinner, but decided to wait because Shaun will be home within the hour and i am not hungry because i snack, every time i clean up
4:30- my thinking "ok, shaun will be home in about a 1/2 hr.... what can i do that looks like i was the most productive... and what is for dinner... oh it doesnt matter anyway Shaun doesn't care if the house is spotless, only i do, and he probably had a nice lunch somewhere and isnt hungry yet, maybe i will get back on the computer...."
5- shaun home, we sit on the couch and talk about the boring day we both had
6- we decide we are hungry but dont want to get up and cook anything
6:30- kailey has soccer practice or a game on Tuesday and Thursday if not I break down and actually make dinner
7:30- time to clean up again! load unload, switch laundry, pick up and if the house is a lucky a vacuum?
8- read to Jordan and put her to bed
8:30- read the scriptures and books and Kailey to bed
9- take the dog out before we both go upstairs and read and go to bed~!

I will say its pretty monotonous! some days i throw things in like bath time for the kids, Kailey and I spend time doing "homework" during Jordan's naps, about once a month i get really ambitious and during nap times i clean all my baseboard or the downstairs windows in and out, (how lame am I?) people stop by because they know i am ALWAYS HOME!!! i will go to Wal-mart and the bank (my two most visited places) I like to run my errands at night and i like to go to the store with Shaun so that I have help and i like to just be with him (or an adult that i can talk normal to!!!) during the day i am banished from most rooms either because there are kids sleeping in them or kids playing in them, that is why the bathrooms and downstairs get so much attention! you would think it could stay cleaner? if anyone has some fun ideas for me to do at home other than reading, cleaning, being on the computer or crafting (it makes to big of a mess) let me know! what does everyone else do all day, especially if you don't want to spend money?!
well this was a long blog, but hey, its nap time! and Kailey has at least one friend over all the time so she keeps herself pretty entertained!


I was looking at old pictures, its crazy how fast life changes! this was Kailey 3 years ago almost to the day! they grow up so fast!

3 things people say:

Ryan and Annalyn said...

we all know this is a "made-up" schedule. It says nothing about your 11:30 booger picking..Dead give away

Chandra said...

Ummmm, that sounds like a pretty darn busy day!! Holy cow! You must be a very talented multi tasker! This is just an idea but when Parker is taking his nap I throw on a work out video and I've heard of other moms that do this and if the other kids are awake they all do it together. It gets your work out in while tiring out the kids! (IF you have the energy... that's another story)

Jessica Munk said...

I was looking at that picture thinking....this is not Jordan, but looks like your kids...who is this? Time flies, especially when you are busy.