Its friday night at 8:30, should I be out? Instead all the kids are in bed, and have been for about an hour. We read books for an hour or so before bedtime (we went to the library for the first time since being here) anyway. sometimes I feel lame and boring knowing that we rarely go out on any given night, weeknight or weekend, but sometimes its not so bad. i mean really, who with kids goes out on the weeknights? who goes out on the weekends? Babysitters are expensive, dates are expensive, and trades=having other peoples kids over (which actually isn't bad now that I don't babysit, but other people dont want 4 kids when they have 2!) seriously, does anyone still go out regularly? more than 1x a month, or 1x every 6 months? let me know.
So new topic: I think i dessert overloaded from October until December, I gained back the weight i'd lost and now its January, time to new years resolution it so I'm off desserts and doing this 4 hour body book thing carrie told me about. its actually not a bad way to eat, beans, vegetable and protein every meal but no simple sugars, flour, you shouldn't drink milk, eat fruit or basically anything else 6/7 days of the week. the 7th day is called "dieters gone wild" because everything is fair game, except to me who added the no desserts thing in January before i started this whole thing. It isn't that bad really but Shaun is doing it with me and i think he's turned into the Grinch who stole happiness. Kailey asked if I noticed something with Dad, i asked what she meant? she's said"he's kinda mean lately, and not just teasing" it made me laugh, because its so true. i think if i was eating desserts and any food I want, i wouldn't mind, but both of being grouchy isn't cool. anyway, needless to say we havent taken too many pictures, I have still been cooking on my blog, I found good ways to make talapia and asparagus. but it seems like January is kinda dull around here. plus I'm kinda feeling stuck out here on the southeast coast. It seems like I should go home to California or down to st George or up to Idaho, but no. those are multiple day trips away and it makes me kinda sad, i am hoping I can come home one day.... maybe i should go to Boston? or visit Lexy...
11 years ago

2 things people say:
it's funny cause i was thinking the exact same thing last night. we are kind of lame too. but there is a time and season for everything right? and this is not the time or season to go out every weekend. at least that's what i keep telling myself.....
We go out 5 times a week. Sometimes to clubs sometimes to bars, we like to mix it up. It really spices up our marriage! We go to Vegas sometimes and go to this place called hooters. Really great wings. Dude and visiting lexi doesn't count as going home, it has to be blood.
Post a Comment