Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 6: Pisa

These pictures are out of order... our day ended with this site, it was a pretty cool end to a very tiring day
the Colosseum at night, we made it to Rome

we traveled in style
the bridge in Pisa
If you look closely you can see the slope in the steps from how people are forced to walk
the view from the top of the tower. the mountains you see is where they get all the marble for Rome and all the statues that were built in the 1400's and still today
This was in the church near the tower. not my best picture but I'm looking at actual skull and bones. gross. you can also see the marble floors and granite. this style was unique to this church than the others we saw.
Shaun holding up the tower, isn't the sky crazy blue!?
Me holding up the tower, it was falling!!

we made it! the Leaning tower of Pisa. I read it wasn't worth the trip, it was about 6 hours out of the way, but I figure, when we will ever be back? it was a great beautiful clear day and the tower was well worth it. I've decided I like architecture more than museums. When we tried to climb to the top we found out only kids 8 and older can go up. So Shaun stayed at the bottom with Ellie and went into the baptistery (baptisteries are not worth the money) and I went up. it was a much weirder sensation than i anticipated. it was so obvious it leaned it knocked your equilibrium off balance. the steps were worn from the way you were forced to walk. it was neat and the view was great! i booked it up to the top because we had an hour to go up, down and run to the train, we basically ran too with Ellie in the stroller. it was a busy trip!!!

0 things people say: