We had a shower planned for Thursday the 12th and we didn't tell anyone he was born so everyone was surprised! it was so funny to have had the baby and people show up thinking i was still pregnant! He got some REALLY cute clothes and fun things! Wendy and Jessie and my mom did a great job! and it was a lot of fun! Jumpin Jacks! The girls LOVED it!
Well, we did it! we had a little boy on June 10th at 9:52 pm. He was 7 lbs 11 oz and 21 in long. He had a TON of hair, that is already receding! poor kid! he looks a lot like Kailey and Jordan mixed together but at the same time not like either!
Mike and Wendy watched the kids and brought the girls to the hospital so we lined up all the kids in birth order! 7 kids and 2 moms! CRAZY!
Yes I know, i am such a beatiful mother!

Right after they circumsized him
All cleaned up and wide awake
Dad and Carter!
Kailey gets to hold her baby brother for the first time!

Our first family photo! mind you i have been up since 5 and just had a kid!
Our first family photo! mind you i have been up since 5 and just had a kid!
How he came to be: on Tuesday I woke up about 5 am painted my toes and fingers, did 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the house for my mom to come in town got my carpets clean and cleaned my kitchen while he was doing that, then i went with Wendy to Jumpin Jacks to take the kids out of the house while the carpets dried. Jordan climbed up on of the big slide and got stuck so i took her down, it was so steep and fast the baby definitely liked it, as we were leaving i picked up Jordan to put her in the car and my water broke! never had that happen before! i wasn't sure if i peed my pants so i didn't want to say anything, especially because they were totally wet ( kinda embarrassing) anyway, Wendy followed me home and took the girls and Shaun came home to go with me to check if it was really my water, i wasn't feeling contractions so we stopped by target, and Barnes and Nobel to get some books and got to the hospital about 5, it was my water so they moved me to a room, hooked me to pitocin and checked me so Shaun could go get lunch, it was about 7 by now i was a 4 and 80% so Shaun left and came back and i started to feel some contractions so they gave me the epidural. it only worked on half of me so they had me lay on one side to even it out, they checked me about 9 and I was a 5 and feeling contractions pretty solid, they didn't hurt too bad but i couldn't stop shaking. i told them it wasn't working and i felt like i needed to push, she checked me at 9:20 and i was ready! they called the anaesthesiologist in he gave me a direct shot of epidural and in came the Dr just as i started to feel nothing he told me to push but i couldn't feel how, so on the next contraction pushed and out he came! it was pretty easy! he was healthy and here! no stitches, no medicine and we left the hospital about 20 hours after he was born and 1 hour after he was circumcised. I know i am crazy but i was looking forward to my bed, and surprisingly i feel really good! i am sure it will wear off soon and sleeplessness will hit me, but honestly i have gotten more sleep with him out of me than when he was in me!
He has been waking up about every 3 to 3 1/2 hours to feed and is a really good baby! i don't know if he has woken up to the world yet but so far, we'll keep him! :) It is so weird seeing all this blue, luckily no peeing on me thus far! I am so blessed to feel so good, have so much help and have such good kids! Kailey LOVES him and asks lots of questions and Jordan is trying to claim his blankets and toys but also know she wont get away with it. They both are doing good with a 3rd one around. the only one really getting the shaft is Anna! she has been outside most of the days. Today we are going for our first family outing to art city days to get Kailey's face painted and do some crafts! I know I am crazy, but we gotta leave the House someday!

12 things people say:
Wow, Callie! Carter is just perfect, what a handsome boy. You look like a glowing mama, too.
I can't believe you kept it secret and showed up at your shower with him - that is awesome!
Congratulations on your family of five, did you know that you have my dream family? Two girls then a boy, sounds pretty nice!
Dude, every time you go to a picture and then come back to the blog the music starts over. Lame- As for the Baby, he looks delicious...mmmm baby
I can't believe you surprised everyone! That's crazy. Also, I apologize for not being there to be surprised... and now I am glad I wasn't. Syd and I have been sick this week and my sister Kristel has been in town. But, when we are better, we will come down to see the phenomenon - a male Condie.
I am glad you're feeling so great!
congratulations! I'm so glad he is here and didn't wait for his due date either!!! What a cutie too. I'm going to have to remember the "Jump-n-Jack" trip when I've about had it with the pregnancy. And yes you are crazy. Stay home and get some rest crazy!
I love the name Carter!! He is so cute. You're, on the other hand, are NUTS!! However, if you aren't tired, then why stay at home and rest. Congratulations!
Please please please let me give birth like that sometime in my life! Please please please! You children are beautiful! You are so blessed! Can't wait to meet Carter!
Congratulations Callie!! Carter is beautiful!!!! And we are glad you and him are both doing well!
~Tim and Kelly
wow callie - I can't get over the fact that your water broke so you stopped in to a few stores to y'know get some magazines. . . .!!!!! We need to talk soon! Way to go hot mama!
Holy Crazyness!! You just had a baby and are doing all THAT!!! You are awesome!! I'm so glad that he is here and everthing went so well!! you look so good after just having a baby!! Wow, I can't believe he was so fast and you feel so good--maybe I should tell people to go slide down slides if they want to have their baby! Well, he is totally cute and I'm so glad that the girls love their little bro! CONGRATS!
Congrats Callie, I can't believe you have three kids! They're all adorable and definitely look alike. I wonder what having a boy will be like, hopefully we'll get to find out someday. =)
Callie, you really do look great in that pic wearing the black shirt, you would never know that was your baby except he looks like he belongs in your family. Congratulations!! I am so glad you can finally be comfortable when you do sleep! And finally a Condie boy to play with my boys!
Congratulations! We love seeing the pictures and are really happy that you and he are both healthy and doing well. You look great! Hope you get some sleep...
Curtis and Wendy Condie
Post a Comment