![]() |
| Decker in his blessing outfit |
| 3 generations of Condie men |
Once again we've been busy, who would have thought 5 kids would be busy? We had so much help when Decker was born the transition to 5 has been surprisingly easy, knock on wood, but other than constantly trying to do everything and be everywhere and keep the house clean, we are still alive. everything doesn't get done but I'm trying. Being NOT pregnant is awesome, is it bad how grateful I am that I am no longer pregnant? I love my babies but pregnancy is hard. I don't feel myself, its not my body, My emotions are all over the place and I am always testing my patience, now that I am not, i at least feel like I can try to do what I want. I love exercising, although it isn't doing as much as I would hope. I ran about 3 weeks after and felt I could have ran a marathon, i was speedy I didn't ache, i felt so light it was great. I am not still in that "honeymoon" phase and am back to slower, but at least I can try harder if I want! I can actually remember things, well more than before and that's not saying much. I can do multiple things on my to-do list and don't mind doing laundry or walking up the stairs. Shaun has added in his prayers several time how he is grateful I'm not pregnant, I think in general I'm just happier. And it helps that Decker is a great baby. He nurses well, sleeps well, has given me several stretches of 6-9 hrs of sleep at a time and is my fattest baby at this age than any other. So anyway, if you can't tell. I like not being pregnant.
We had a few visitors in the beginning of may and it was sad to see them leave. My mom came for about 2 weeks to help. She kept my laundry going, my dishwasher empty and the kids got some much needed and wanted grandma time. Kailey turned 8 so we planned her visit so she could be here for Kailey's baptism and Deckers' blessing. My dad, Clyde, Lexy and Jared also came in town for her birthday and the very busy weekend. It really made me wish we lived closer to family. Between Clyde holding Decker, my mom helping me make cakes and take the kids on walks while I slept and my dad reading them stories, I think i could handle that! one day...
We had a pool party for Kailey on Friday, her baptism on sat and Decker blessed on Sunday. Shaun made me proud by being able to perform both. Decker was such a good baby during the blessing, I wish i could say the same for Carter. he is an absolute great kid, so funny, behaved but he or Ellie, do not have mute, or even soft mute buttons. and it amazes me how many times the kid can say mommy in a single sentence. I can remember Jordan going through the same phase. and eventually I know i will miss it.



4 things people say:
Ellie freaked me out with her baby doll in the group pic. I was like, "holy crap, why are there so many kids in this picture?" and then I realized one was fake. I mean, there are still a ton of kids in that picture, but I'm used to the idea of you with five now. :)
I love the Condie Family! Congrats to Decker.
You have 5 kids... holy cow. Good for you. Decker is such a cutie and I wish you were coming here for one month, but family I guess is important also. You are a great example of an amazing mom who does it all.
Funny eve I.thought the same thing when I saw the picture. I was like, is ellie holding Decker??? It's good to know I'm not thay bad of a parent!
Post a Comment