Saturday, November 13, 2010

Boone Hall again

Finners

In front of Boone Hall Plantation
Picking cotton. Had no idea it grew like this!

I have a feeling I might be going to this plantations A lot! its within 10 min from our house and is the best cheapest plantation we've heard of. we went when my mom and Dad came in town, and I had Jordan, Carter and Ellie. it was fun, but this time Shaun watched the kids and i went with Carrie and Finn. it was the day before the reenactment of "the Battle of Succession" so they had shops lined down the walk. I am all about history but I just dont understand how these people are dressed in Union and Confederate clothes and camping on the plantation? It would have been fun to watch the actual reenactment but the peopel made me laugh. we did the house tour, the carriage ride and this time Finn decided he missed Ellie's crying and filled in for her. we played in the cotton rows (thats all they have left) and it was a great night. so far I'm pretty lucky to have 2 totally different experiences there!

0 things people say: