Jenn, Bronson, Scottie, Greg, Ellie and Shaun
I'm pretty sure no one has heard of Houma. its a little town about 45 min southwest of New Orleans, actually it wasn't that small. Our good friends Jenn and Greg Voisin moved there a few years back and honestly never thought we'd see them there. but i am so glad we got to stop along the way. we stayed 2 nights and it was a much needed too short trip. we went to dinner at a seafood place, i got a hamburger and Shaun tried fried shrimp and oysters. Greg's family owns a oyster farm so we got to see his plant and Shaun was brave enough to try raw oysters straight from the farm. then we did a swamp tour. I thought it was the most humid hot day ever! but that turned out to the be the next day when we went into New Orleans and it was 109 and like 100% humidity! talk about sweaty, it made me really nervous for South Carolina. Shaun went out on the Bayou on a oyster boat and since the cold raw oyster wasn't gross enough (think eating a slug) he ate one straight from the reef, he said it was warm and nasty. i can only imagine. GROSS!!! we got a babysitter one night and had a nice dinner and moviex2 and in the city we walked the French market and went along the River walk, ate some Beignets (spelling???) they were as good and messy as I remember and we saw the fragrance shop where I used to work. it was so fun! I think we will have to plan a real trip there instead of a drop by visit! thanks guys it was a blast!

0 things people say:
Post a Comment